InternationalRecipes.Net
Toasted Cashew and Garlic-crusted Salmon
by dave


from Yardley, PA, USA

1 cup unsalted, unroasted cashews
3 to 5 cloves garlic, depending on preference
flour (amount not specific — see below)
1 lb salmon fillet
2 Tbsp olive oil, for frying

Toast cashews in toaster oven or conventional oven at 250F heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until moderately browned and/or aromatic.

Combine cashews, garlic, and enough flour to allow for dry and easy grinding and place in food processor or crush by hand — add the flour gradually but without enough the oil in the cashews and moisture in the garlic will make it difficult to grind; flour will dry the mixture without adding flavor of its own.

Set salmon flesh-side up and generously rub the dry mixture on the salmon, coating evenly wherever the flesh is exposed.

In heated skillet (over medium to medium-high heat), add oil. When oil starts to ripple, add salmon, flesh-side down. Let sit until golden brown, then flip.**

** When cooking filleted fish (and even most meats), a good rule of thumb is to let the first side cook for 80% of the total cooking time and the remaining 20% to cook the other side. Do not repeatedly flip the meat or fish as to re-cook a side that has already been in contact with the pan or grill. This tampers with the it and often results in a drier, tougher meat or fish.



©1995 - 2021 SimpleSolutions Corporation. All Rights Reserved.