|BBQ Butternut Squash
1 medium Butternut squash, cut into wedges
3 tsp Cumin, ground
1 tsp Salt
3 cloves Garlic, crushed into a paste
1/2 medium Lemon, zest and juice it
1 tsp Pepper, black, ground
3 tbsp Olive oil
1. In a small ball or a pestal and mortar, put the ground cumin, the salt, the pepper. Crush 2-3 cloves of garlic and press with a knife to a mush, add to the mix.
2. Add in juice of a 1/2 lemon and then the oil. Mix.
3. Cut your butternut squash into wedges, leaving the skin on.
4. Score the sides of the squash wedges. Using your hands, rub all the mix onto the pieces of squash cover the enture thing, include the skin. Set in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. Heat grill. Grill in direct heat about 4 minutes on each flesh side. Then put on skin side, grill for another 12-14 minutes, or until the squash is tender to the touch. Thoughtout the grilling, keep putting mix on to keep moist.
6. Serve hot. If you have it, put a bit of the Sugar Free Apricot Jam with it.
Per Serving: 103 Calories; 7 g Fat; 0.95 g Sat Fat; 0 mg Cholesterol; 393 mg Sodium; 11 g Carb; 0.66 g Fiber; 1 g Protein.
|©1995 - 2020 SimpleSolutions Corporation. All Rights Reserved.|