Angel Food Cake (box mix or prepared)
1 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
3/4 cup strong black coffee
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
Chocolate curls (optional)
1. Prepare Angel Food Cake as directed.
2. For filling, combine mascarpone cheese, the 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the 3 tablespoons liqueur; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
3. Combine whipping cream, the 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons liqueur. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture. Set mascarpone filling aside.
4. To assemble, cut cake horizontally into three even layers. Place first cake layer on a large serving plate. With a long-tine fork or skewers, poke hole in tops of each cake layer.
5. Combine coffee and the 1/4 cup liqueur; drizzle over each cake layer. Spread half of the mascarpone filling on top of the first cake layer. Top with second cake layer, then spread with remaining mascarpone filling. Finally, top with the remaining cake layer. Frost entire cake with remaining whipped cream mixture. If desired, cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
6. To serve, if desired, sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder or chocolate curls.
|©1995 - 2020 SimpleSolutions Corporation. All Rights Reserved.|