from Munich, Germany
1 cup flour
4-6 medium potatoes
1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2-3 spoons breadcrumbs
2 teaspoon butter/oil
1. Boil the washed potatoes.
2. Discard the water, peel the potatoes, cut in cubes and mash the potatoes with the oil, using a fork. Let it cool.
3. Mix the potatoes with the flour, salt and sugar, until you obtain a malleable dough. Roll in a round and long shape. Cut in 1/2 - 1 inch pieces. Take each piece in your palm and add a plum (or a half, depending on how large the plums are) in the middle. Roll the dough around the plum. Set the dumplings on the side.
4. In a large pot boil approx 3 liters (or about 3 quarts) water. Turn the heat to medium and place the dumplings with care. Boil aprox. 20 minutes.
5. Separately, on a pan, melt the butter/oil and fry the breadcrumbs (until golden). Keep warm and be careful not to overcook. Dry the dumplings and dredge them through the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon.
recipe taken from http://www.culinaronline.com
|©1995 - 2019 SimpleSolutions Corporation. All Rights Reserved.|